About the President's Council
Philanthropy is in our University’s DNA. John Purdue led the way with his original gift of $150,000 in 1869. Following his example, the President's Council family has set the gold (and black) standard for giving to Purdue.
The President’s Council was established in 1972 as a community of loyal alumni and friends who understand that, in order to fulfill its mission, our University depends on their annual support.
Today, our President’s Council family includes more than 17,000 supporters, and it’s growing every day. Their generosity allows Purdue to deliver higher education at the highest proven value by creating new scholarships, increasing faculty support, and funding cutting-edge facilities and innovative programs.
President's Council Courtesies
The President’s Council recruits, retains, and recognizes donors, advocates, and volunteers who support Purdue University by giving $1,000 or more each year or who have given $100,000 or more during their lifetime. Gifts may be made to any area and can be split among multiple designations. For example, a donor making annual gifts of $500 to the President’s Fund, $300 to a dean’s fund, and $200 to the John Purdue Club is part of our President’s Council family.
As a thank you for their annual leadership gift, our President’s Council family receives exclusive invitations to:
- Pregame events for home football games
- Football bowl events
- President's Council Dinners on campus and in Naples, FL
- Back to Class sessions on campus and in Naples, FL
- President's Council biennial cruise
Additional courtesies include:
- President's Council calendar
- Direct access to President’s Council staff who are ready to assist you
- Networking opportunities with the President, fellow President's Council family members, university administrators, deans, faculty, staff, and students
Show your President’s Council pride with special apparel from our Lands’ End e-Store!